From Robin Berjon <ro...@berjon.com>
Subject Re: replication usage? creating dupes?
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:09:20 GMT
On Jul 16, 2008, at 17:58 , Damien Katz wrote:
> There are two potential solutions here, the first is to send a
> browser ping to keep the connection alive. Easy do do with HTTP 1.1
> I think, just send an empty HTTP chunk.

It's been a while so that things must have improved but I've seen
issues with this approach, notably with proxies not always handling
1.1 that well. An alternative is to return a complete HTTP response
immediately and then have the browser poll every n seconds to avail
itself of the replication status.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/