From Bradford Winfrey <bradswinf...@yahoo.com>
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 13:01:50 GMT
Hello everyone, been stalking the mailing list for a while and thought this might be worthy
of a post as I was asked to solve it, yet, I couldn't!

Let's take the classic blog example document with the following fields/values:

"_id": "1f2fc3955b91aed5e7369f0b0ba8214e",
"_rev": "1226709986",
"Author": "Bradford",
"Type": "Post",
"Body": "Just mentioning this for a sample blog post.",
"PostedDate": "2008-07-02T23:22:12-04:00",
"Subject": "My Fine Blog Post",
"Tags": ["octopus","hockey","squidward","bradford","recreation"]

Next, I'd like to find each blog post that contains ANY of the following tags ["octopus","hockey"].
 Now, generally speaking this isn't so bad.  We could write a simple view:
function (doc) {
  if (doc.Type == 'Post') {
    for (var i = 0;i < doc.tags.length; i++) {
      emit(doc.tags[i],doc);
    }
  }
}

We would get back each one of our tags as a key, yea?  Only if we supplied one at a time.
 So how does one go about supplying a range, array (not sure what we'd call it here) of keys
to be searched on?  http://...?key=["octopus","hockey"] maybe?  I'm unsure of the plan of
attack for such a thing.  Maybe I'm just going about it in the wrong direction.  Any thoughts?