From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need to troubleshoot: open_error,-10
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:43:00 GMT
On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:45:57AM -0400, Dan Connelly wrote:
> It seems that the "couchdb" script effectively ignores the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> setting. (So, I am still not sure what the "correct" setting would be.)

Someone suggested to me that the `su` invocation in the `/etc/init.d/couchdb`
script should properly initialise the `couchdb` user's environment.

Are you running CouchDB from the init script as the superuser?

If so, this might be the problem.

Who originally suggested this may be a problem? Please speak up.

If you are not invoking CouchDB in this method, I am quite confused. The
LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable should not be ignored.

> I moved my just-built libjs.so into /usr/lib from /usr/local/js/lib (which dir
> had been designated on my LD_LIBRARY_PATH) and everything is good. /usr/lib is
> searched by default, it seems.

If you move it back and export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/js/lib does it work?

> Which part of my Analysis/Fix would you like me to transcribe to the wiki?

Well, we need to get to the bottom of the problem first. :)

--
Noah Slater, http://people.apache.org/~nslater/