From Michael Hendricks <mich...@ndrix.org>
Subject inserting a single document
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 22:06:38 GMT
Is there any reason to insert single documents into CouchDB by PUTing or
POSTing the document to the DB URL instead of using the _bulk_docs
interface?  If I've understood the source correctly, it looks as thoough
single inserts are handled internally by CouchDB in exactly the same way
as doing a bulk insert with a single document.

While updating some Perl bindings for CouchDB, I noticed that specially
handling single inserts requires unnecessary, duplicated code.  If
there's no compelling reason, I'll just reimplement single inserts in
terms of bulk insert.

Thanks.

--
Michael