From "Paul Carey" <paul.p.ca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB/Memcached
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 20:28:07 GMT
> these things seem like detritus left over from RDBMS schema necessities and just bug me.

Indeed. Creating a CouchDB adaptor for DataMapper has surely made
CouchDB more approachable for many. But basing an adaptor for one
paradigm on a mapper built to overcome an impedance mismatch in
another paradigm seems like a fundamentally wrong approach to me.

> I'm also very keen to see alternatives, if for no reason other than to see
> other people's ideas along the same lines.

I plan on releasing the library I've written in a couple of weeks, but
I suspect Troy's offering may well be more mature.