From "Mark James Adams" <mark.james.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache CouchDB needs write permission on the log directory: /
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 20:15:42 GMT
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 6:28 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 09:42:32PM +0100, Mark James Adams wrote:
>> It appears that Couch thinks that the log directory is in /.
>
> When you installed CouchDB again into /tmp as a test was the configuration file
> still set to use "/" as the log directory

Yes, it looks like it was. I've reinstalled under /opt/local and set
the LogFile line in couch.ini to the correct directory, re-checked
permissions, and everything is working now. Thanks for your help.

> How are you starting CouchDB?

I'm starting it via SMF on OpenSolaris. If it is of use to anyone the
manifest I wrote is
http://wiki.joyent.com/solaris:smf-manifest-recipes#couchdb .

--
Mark James Adams