From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@grabb.it>
Subject Re: couchdb and blobs (using only couchdb or couchrest)
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 04:41:17 GMT
On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Patrick Aljord <patcito@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm trying to store openid associations in couchdb docs, it works ok
> except for stocking the openid secret and server_url because they are
> blobs so I get an error (at least with couchrest which is the
> interface I use). What would be the best way to deal with those blobs?
> Attachments I guess? any tips welcome.

Pat,

I'd be interested to see more details about your error, and what you
are trying to do generally. I can't think of a reason why CouchDB
would have problems storing your data. The attachment API is generally
useful for larger files that you wouldn't want to access wrapped in
JSON - you should be able to solve your problem without resorting to
attachments.

Can you give a specific example of the data you are storing and how
you are attempting to do it? Maybe posting an example IRB session to
pastie.org would be helpful. There very well could be some edge cases
in CouchRest that I haven't run into yet, and seeing your code in
action will help.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson