From "Chris Anderson" <>
Subject gathering requirements for the plugin system
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 04:25:59 GMT
We've been talking a little in the IRC channel about the plugin
system. It doesn't exist yet, so we're trying to figure out what use
cases it needs to support. I've started a wiki page to gather ideas,
and please also discuss things here. Anything you'd like to do with
CouchDB that isn't really part of its core functionality, could be
supported in a plugin. Also, some of the core features will be
supported by the plugin system as well (as far as I have gathered from
the IRC discussions). These include the view servers and the search

The wiki page:

The goal is to have the foundation for plugins ready for the 1.0
release (I think, based on the IRC discussions.)

Chris Anderson

View raw message