From Damien Katz <damienk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: view-server through a socket (feature request)
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 23:34:22 GMT
Cool usage. But for your request for couchdb socket support, I'm not
sure what you are trying to optimize for.

For each network "session" with the query server, CouchDB would have
to open a socket anyway. The only thing you save is the spawning of a
OS process, which by current usage is probably pretty cheap, and also
CouchDB generally reuses the spawned processes anyway. So I think what
you have is already fairly efficient.

-Damien