From Damien Katz <damienk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: view index build time
Date Sat, 21 Jun 2008 12:39:15 GMT
Part of the problem is you are storing copies of the documents into
the btree. If the documents are big, it takes longer to compute on
them, and if the results (emit(...)) are big or numerous, then you'll
be spending most of your time in I/O.

My advice is to not emit the document into the view, and if you can,
get the documents smaller in general. If the data can stored as an
binary attachment, then that too will give you a performance
improvement.

-Damien