From "Brad King" <brk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems installing on Ubuntu Feisty
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 20:55:30 GMT
I logged in as user couchdb, does that give me a working shell? I then
tried to set up the library path and run couchdb again. Seems like the
same results.

couchdb@bradkm90:~$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/spidermonkey/lib
couchdb@bradkm90:~$ sudo -u couchdb couchdb
couch 0.7.2 (LogLevel=info)
Apache CouchDB is starting.
[error] [<0.47.0>] {error_report,<0.45.0>,
              {<0.47.0>,
               supervisor_report,
               [{supervisor,{local,couch_server_sup}},
                {errorContext,start_error},
                {reason,{'EXIT',{error,{open_error,-10}}}},
                {offender,[{pid,undefined},
                           {name,couch_util},
                           {mfa,{couch_util,
                                    start_link,

["/usr/local/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib/couch-0.7.3a662495/priv/lib"]}},
                           {restart_type,permanent},
                           {shutdown,brutal_kill},
                           {child_type,worker}]}]}}

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 5-Jun-2008::16:48:37 ===
     Supervisor: {local,couch_server_sup}
     Context:    start_error
     Reason:     {'EXIT',{error,{open_error,-10}}}
     Offender:   [{pid,undefined},
                  {name,couch_util},
                  {mfa,{couch_util,start_link,

["/usr/local/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib/couch-0.7.3a662495/priv/lib"]}},
                  {restart_type,permanent},
                  {shutdown,brutal_kill},
                  {child_type,worker}]

Config Info /usr/local/etc/couchdb/couch.ini:
        CurrentWorkingDir=/usr/local/var/lib/couchdb
        DbRootDir=/usr/local/var/lib/couchdb
        HttpConfigFile=couch_httpd.conf
        LogFile=/usr/local/var/log/couchdb/couch.log
        UtilDriverDir=/usr/local/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib/couch-0.7.3a662495/priv/lib
        DbUpdateNotificationProcesses=
        FullTextSearchQueryServer=
        javascript=/usr/local/bin/couchjs
/usr/local/share/couchdb/server/main.js

=CRASH REPORT==== 5-Jun-2008::16:48:37 ===
  crasher:
    pid: <0.45.0>
    registered_name: []
    error_info: {shutdown,{couch_server,start,[normal,[]]}}
    initial_call: {application_master,init,
                                     [<0.5.0>,
                                      <0.44.0>,
                                      {appl_data,
                                          couch,
                                          [couch_server,
                                           couch_server_sup,
                                           couch_util,
                                           couch_query_servers,
                                           couch_ft_query],
                                          undefined,
                                          {couch_server,[]},
                                          [couch_btree,
                                           cjson,
                                           couch_db,
                                           couch_doc,
                                           couch_query_servers,
                                           couch_file,
                                           couch_server,
                                           couch_server_sup,
                                           couch_stream,
                                           couch_view_group,
                                           couch_util,
                                           mod_couch,
                                           couch_db_sup,
                                           couch_event_sup,
                                           couch_db_update_notifier,
                                           couch_ft_query,
                                           couch_log,
                                           couch_rep],
                                          [],
                                          infinity,
                                          infinity},
                                      normal]}
    ancestors: [<0.44.0>]
    messages: [{'EXIT',<0.46.0>,normal}]
    links: [<0.44.0>,<0.5.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: true
    status: running
    heap_size: 1597
    stack_size: 21
    reductions: 91
  neighbours:

=INFO REPORT==== 5-Jun-2008::16:48:37 ===
    application: couch
    exited: {shutdown,{couch_server,start,[normal,[]]}}
    type: permanent
{"Kernel pid terminated",application_controller,"{application_start_failure,couch,{shutdown,{couch_server,start,[normal,[]]}}}"}

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
Kernel pid terminated (application_controller)
({application_start_failure,couch,{shutdown,{couch_server,start,[normal,[]]}}})
couchdb@bradkm90:~$
couchdb@bradkm90:~$

Getting tired of messing with it. We have a guy here who successfully
installed this on CentOS, so I'll probably go that route. I think we
can let this thread die mercifully. Thanks everyone.