From "Brad King" <brk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems installing on Ubuntu Feisty
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 21:37:32 GMT
Unfortunately it didn't work for me. I had to add export in front of
the command, which I assume is correct.

bradk@bradkm90:/usr/local$ export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/spidermonkey/lib couchdb
bradk@bradkm90:/usr/local$ sudo -u couchdb couchdb
couch 0.7.3a662495 (LogLevel=info)
Apache CouchDB is starting.

{"init terminating in do_boot",{error,{open_error,-10}}}
init terminating in do_boot ()

I also went in and set the home directory for the user to
/usr/local/var/lib/couchdb, but no change.