From "Brad King" <brk...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems installing on Ubuntu Feisty
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 12:02:24 GMT
I'm a Linux newbie so please bear with me. I'm not able to get
SpiderMonkey installed on Ubuntu Feisty. When I try to use the package
manager, it fails looking for the ns4-dev dependency. If I try to
install the dependency, it wants to remove my Nautilus shell and many
other programs first, which seems like a bad idea. If I try to install
SpiderMonkey from source per your wiki instructions, I get an error on
this line:

JS_DIST=/usr/local/spidermonkey make -f Makefile.ref export

I'm sure this is just some syntactic error on my part. I'm very close
otherwise, as my couchdb ./configure is failing looking for
SpiderMonkey. Thanks.