From "John Evans" <>
Subject Replication issue
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 02:32:41 GMT

I had been using replication with no problems for a couple of days now
(mostly to make backups of databases before trying untested manipulations of
the documents in the database) but now it seems to be failing.  I got the
following output on the console:

[error] [<0.54.0>] {error_report,<0.21.0>,
(followed by thousands and thousands of lines more of my data... I've
changed the field names and values here since my employer would consider the
actual data sensitive).

I ran the test suite, which had passed completely when I first installed
couchdb, and now the replication test fails with this:

[{couch_rep,do_http_request,3},\n {couch_rep,open_doc,3},\n
{couch_rep,replicate,3},\n {couch_httpd,handle_replicate_request,2},\n
{couch_httpd,handle_request,2},\n {mochiweb_http,headers,4},\n

I am using the version from the trunk that I pulled after the last issue
that I had, which looks like it was Jul 13th.

Any attempts to replicate or to run the replication test suite both fail
consistently in the same manner.

Any thoughts?