From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@grabb.it>
Subject Re: Changes in trunk
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 04:07:39 GMT
These are good changes, and it's important to have the same API for
views and temp views.

Question: are there plans to allow access to the results of the map
stage of a map/reduce pair? It would certainly be helpful for
debugging, and I can imagine circumstances where one might want to use
both of them in an application, while avoiding the overhead of
duplicate map functions. Further over the horizon I imagine sharing
maps among reduce functions - maybe the reduce key could optionally
support an array of reduce functions, rather than just the string.

Looking forward to specifying start and end keys for the reductions,
so we can really see what they can do!

Chris

--
Chris Anderson