From Sho Fukamachi <sho.fukama...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: errors in tests
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 04:29:12 GMT

On 06/05/2008, at 2:58 AM, Christopher Lenz wrote:

> The directory is probably just not on your library path. You
> mentioned DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH in your previous post, but that var is
> OS X specific AFAIK; the Linux equivalent is LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Oops. Well, that fixed one problem (with the manual test of couchjs).
I'm now getting the crash on boot - which is really weird, because it
*was* working before I tried to "fix" spidermonkey. Seems solving one
problem exposes another; I'll reply to later messages on my efforts in
the latter case.

However - I had been under the impression that LD_LIBRARY_PATH was
kind of a hack to get around a bad build, though - doesn't it mean
that couchjs hasn't linked properly in the first place to the library
path in the configure command ?

Been a long time since I messed with that kind of thing, though, not
really a hardcore linux admin, as is probably pretty obvious ...

thanks for your help,

Sho