From Sho Fukamachi <sho.fukama...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb initial crash
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 04:36:31 GMT

On 13/05/2008, at 1:35 AM, Bob Briski wrote:

> It looks like the problem was that I was not correctly setting the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH for the couchdb user.  I had it set for my user
> account so all of the tests worked (e.g. checking couchjs), however
> when I issued the "sudo -u couchdb couchdb" command the path was not
> set for the couchdb user and the errors came back.

Interesting - you were getting exactly the same error as I'm now
getting (after "fixing" spidermonkey) - but I'm running everything as
root. I can manually invoke couchjs to perform the test outlined in
in do_boot",{error,{open_error,-10}}} error.

# $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
-bash: /usr/local/spidermonkey/lib64: is a directory
# couchdb
couch 0.7.3a655725 (LogLevel=info)
Apache CouchDB is starting.
{"init terminating in do_boot",{error,{open_error,-10}}}

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
init terminating in do_boot ()
#

Should I post the .dmp file? Another crash log?

I've stopped even pretending to know what's going on : )

thanks for all the help up to this point - I am really looking forward
to knowing what the cause of all this trouble is/was ...

Sho