From Bob Briski <bbri...@raybeam.com>
Subject mapping on a key that doesn't exist
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 21:19:38 GMT
I've found that I can't create a view with a key that includes a
document key that doesn't exist in all documents.

I confused myself with that opening statement so here's an example of
what I'm talking about:
http://pastie.caboo.se/196397

I understand if this is the way it's supposed to work.  I also
understand that I can use an if statement to check if the key exists
in the document.  However, that means that if I change the schema of
future documents and I've written a previous view that doesn't check
for all of it's keys, those previous views cease to function.

I thought that a large advantage of document databases is the ability
to change the schema of your documents and not cause problems.  Is
this not the case, or am I thinking of this incorrectly?

Thanks,
Bob