From "Ralf Nieuwenhuijsen" <ralf.nieuwenhuij...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB qooxdoo contribution is now available
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 18:07:33 GMT
2008/5/29 Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org>:
> Fantastic!
>
>> Setting it up on Ubuntu (and likely all other debian derivatives):
>
> It's probably not relevant, but there is a Debian package available.

But is that up to date with SVN? I'm trying to keep the
qooxdoo-contrib svn up to date with the couchdb-svn. At least until a
stable release.

>> It is not started automatically when you boot-up though
>
> Is this a local modification, the distribution init.d script should.

Well, the README of CouchDB said that there were still distrobution
specific steps needed to make that happen, besides copying the script
to /etc/init.d  but perhaps I've misunderstood .. haven't tried it
yet.

>> Also note that it runs on its own user for security purposes. (it
>> could be simpler .. )
>
> Simpler how? :)

Not creating a special couchdb user, not setting the init script and
just launching it with:

  sudo couchdb

Greetings,
Ralf Nieuwenhuijsen