From Troy Kruthoff <tkruth...@blit.com>
Subject get multiple docs and multi/database vs bunch of views
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 21:23:45 GMT
What is the best method for retrieving a group of documents from the
server by id in a single request, similar to SQL's "IN" clause?  Or is
this not possible, or planed for a future release (I've searched, but
the answer is eluding me)

Also, from a performance and limitation perspective, which would be a
better practice for scoping records in a hosted b2b app scenario for
each client:

1)  Create a separate couch database for each client.

2)  Use a single database and add a client_id field as a filter to all
the views.

I prefer #1 based on simplicity and security, but #2 would be
attractive to me if the internals of couchdb are more geard to large
repositories with tens of thousands of views as apposed to ten
thousand databases with 30 or so views each.

thanks

-- troy