From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB qooxdoo contribution is now available
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 19:27:09 GMT
Please note that my replies are being bounced from the non-couchdb list.

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 08:07:33PM +0200, Ralf Nieuwenhuijsen wrote:
> > It's probably not relevant, but there is a Debian package available.
>
> But is that up to date with SVN? I'm trying to keep the
> qooxdoo-contrib svn up to date with the couchdb-svn. At least until a
> stable release.

I try to keep it upto date, the trunk is only half-working.

> > Is this a local modification, the distribution init.d script should.
>
> Well, the README of CouchDB said that there were still distrobution
> specific steps needed to make that happen, besides copying the script
> to /etc/init.d  but perhaps I've misunderstood .. haven't tried it
> yet.

No, there are no additional steps. :)

> > Simpler how? :)
>
> Not creating a special couchdb user, not setting the init script and
> just launching it with:
>
>   sudo couchdb

Of course, you CAN just run "couchdb" and it will work.

If you are running a daemon, you should really have two things:

 * a system startup script
 * a system specific user to run the daemon, for security

These two things I would consider baseline for running a daemon.

Thanks,

--
Noah Slater - The Apache Software Foundation <http://www.apache.org/>