From "Ryszard Szopa" <>
Subject Re: cannot run custom view in Futon
Date Sun, 18 May 2008 22:11:12 GMT
On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 10:14 PM, Chris Anderson <> wrote:
> If you're dying to play with reduce, Couchrest (Ruby library) supports
> it (for temp views).

In fact I was dying to play with custom queries, but if I can play
with reduce instead... Sounds fair to me ;-)
> Check out or download from Github:
> Not well documented, but there is an example at
> line 33.

I didn't use your library directly, but reading its source turned out
to be very helpful. I was able to figure out that to get the
map-reduce behavior you have to pass the temporary view an object with
the appropriate functions in slots "map" and "reduce". Where can I
find documentation for things like that?

   -- Richard

View raw message