From "Dennis Sacks" <dennis.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: building couchdb from svn
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:33:37 GMT
I blew away what I was working on, to start anew. I did:

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/couchdb/trunk couchdb
./bootstrap
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/couchdb

Interestingly, the end of the configure output looks like this:

checking for JS_NewContext in -ljs... yes
checking jsapi.h usability... no
checking jsapi.h presence... no
checking for jsapi.h... no
configure: error: Could not find the jsapi header.

Are Mozilla SpiderMonkey headers installed?

So in that case, it looks like the spidermonkey library file is being found.

I then try specifying --with-js-include=/usr/local/include or
--with-js-include=/usr/local/include/js and neither one alters the output of
configure.

I also tried doing:

CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include ./configure ...

and

CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include/js ./configure

but neither one of those makes a difference either.

Dennis