From "Krzysztof Kulewski" <kkulew...@student.uw.edu.pl>
Subject map-reduce question: map done on many servers
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 22:52:45 GMT
Hello,

I have a question for which I couldn't find solution on docs available
online. Please help:

Lets suppose that I have one couchdb server storing text documents. I want
to do some map reduce on it. Map part take very long time per one doc, so I
want to distribute maps between 20 map servers (btw. maybe unreliable). And
then somebody will do the reduce part.

As I can see, "CouchDB delegates computation of Views to external query
servers." But I want to use 20 separate machines for doing map part to
obtain 20x speed-up.

How to distribute this map part? Is there any pretty solution out of the
box?

BR,
Krzysztof