From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Cryptic view errors popping up
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 22:24:54 GMT
On 08.04.2008, at 23:59, Guby wrote:
> I am running CouchDB 0.7.2
> I love CouchDB when it is working! And it is really powerful all the
> stuff one can do with the views, but:
> Every so often, more often lately, views that have worked perfectly
> start returning errors... and really cryptic errors too!
> If I remove the view and add it again it might work for a little
> while, and then the error comes back again.
> I can't really make anything out of this error message, but if any
> of you do, please let me know if you understand what might be wrong!

It would be great if you could try whether you're still getting this
error with trunk:

   <http://incubator.apache.org/couchdb/community/code.html>

HOWEVER, note that the upgrade process isn't exactly trivial
(including a change to the database file format, so you'll need to
dump and load your data) and not well documented at the moment. Your
best bet would be to join us on IRC (#couchdb on freenode) and ask
questions as they arise. Hopefully someone will be able to write up an
upgrading guide soon :P

Anyway, please file a bug report including the full error report:

   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB>

Other helpful information includes the size of your database and the
number of views you have.

Thanks!
--
Christopher Lenz