From "Simon Kapeniak" <szymon.kapen...@gmail.com>
Subject Error while building from sources
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2008 16:11:32 GMT
Hello,
I'm quite a noob in that field, so please forgive me a number of silly
questions may come soon from me. In general programming database is not my
strongest point, but I was pointed to CouchDB as a technology we can rely in
future for asset tracking system in film production studio. I'd like to
simply evaluate possible usage of CouchDB as a base for handling a few
hundred  of TB  of pictures ;)

The first question is of course about building.
I'm using Ubuntu 7.10 32bit and get the following error while ./boostrap:

./bootstrap
Installing `COPYING'
Installing `build-aux'
Installing `build-aux/config.guess'
Installing `build-aux/config.sub'
Installing `m4'
Installing `m4/ac_check_icu.m4'
Generating `ChangeLog' (may take a while)
xsltproc: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libxslt.so.1: undefined symbol:
xmlXPathContextSetCache

All packages according  yo README are present in the system... apt refuse to
install legacy version of libxslt. Any help appreciated!

Cheers,
Simon.