From Tommy Chheng <tchh...@uci.edu>
Subject firewall
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 18:03:10 GMT
Hi,
I'm trying to get CouchDB to work as a server. I got it install and
everything works from the same machine, ie, wget localhost:5984 gives
a response.

but i want to access this server over the internet. I set an allow in
iptables:
/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --sport 5984 -j ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5984 -j ACCEPT

/sbin/iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:
5984
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp spt:
5984

I'm able to connect to my webserver on this same machine fine. Just no
response on 5984.

Any ideas what's wrong?

thanks,
tommy