From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@mfdz.com>
Subject Re: IMAP IDLE and realtime views
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 17:55:29 GMT
On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Damien Katz <damienkatz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Triggering on view changes is going to be really difficult to get
>  right. It might happen in the future, but don't look for it anytime
>  soon.

Could perhaps the problem be shunted to the view-server? For instance,
there's no reason my Ruby view server can't make a Jabber or Comet
notification each time it calls map() with an interesting value. If
the view-server is only called on documents that have changed, then
letting it handle the notification seems like the simplest route.

Perhaps I am missing something here - I only know CouchDB via its
external APIs... maybe Erlang someday.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com