From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@mfdz.com>
Subject Re: IMAP IDLE and realtime views
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:58:23 GMT
Alan,

I was thinking along similar lines (that it would be cool to have real
time notification when a new row is added to a view). This would be
useful if the view corresponded to a business action that needs to
occur, etc. One could just make a view with the creation time of the
documents as the key, and create an RSS/Atom feed of the top of the
view.

That solution isn't as flexible as actually having a callback on the
view server, which would fired each time map() is called. Perhaps this
general-purpose view callback could use Jabber / XMPP?

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com