From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@mfdz.com>
Subject Re: ruby interfaces - the winner is?
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 21:37:31 GMT
On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 2:50 AM, Sho Fukamachi <sho.fukamachi@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I'm most comfortable in Ruby so looking at the various ruby
>  interfaces. There's at least three I know of - CouchObject, CouchDb-
>  Ruby and the new ActiveCouch. I'd love to know what other test
>  adopters are doing. - which do you use, O Rubyists?

I'm just now hacking together yet another Ruby CouchDB library. It's
called CouchRest and is based on Heroku's RestClient as recommended by
Noah Slater.

CouchRest is here:
http://github.com/jchris/couchrest/tree/master

Documentation is still sparse - this is mostly a scratch-my-own itch
kinda thing.

>  I am initially leaning towards ActiveCouch because of its AR-like
>  syntax, migrations, support for View creation, and just seems more
>  elegant.

You might try looking at CouchObject or CouchRest to see how the
thinner (less code) libraries handle CouchDB. As Johan said, the
CouchDB HTTP API is so simple and elegant, that you may not need as
much indirection as you're used to with Postgres etc.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com