From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject SVN moved
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 00:57:00 GMT
Hey all,

please note that the CouchDB code is now in the Apache repository at:

   <http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/couchdb/>

You can update your working copy using the `svn switch` command:

   svn switch --relocate http://couchdb.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ \
       http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/couchdb/

Note that Damien has recently checked in a major refactoring that
changed the database file format. If you have existing databases that
you'd like to preserve, I've written some very bare-bones Python
scripts that can be used to dump/load data:

   <http://code.google.com/p/couchdb-python/source/browse/trunk/couchdb/tools/

These scripts do not in any way preserve revisions/conflicts. You
basically just dump the latest version of every document as JSON into
a multipart/mixed file (dump.py), create an empty database after
updating, and can then use the load.py script to get the data into the
new database. A more comprehensive solution would be nice, of course,
and I'd gladly accept patches for those scripts.

Cheers,
--
Christopher Lenz
   cmlenz at gmx.de