From Sho Fukamachi <sho.fukama...@gmail.com>
Subject ruby interfaces - the winner is?
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:50:04 GMT
Hi all, especially Rubyists!

Finally decided to take the plunge and start integrating CouchDB into
a web app. It's a messaging application, and I'm attracted to Couch
because of its replication ability - I need servers across 3
continents to be "eventually consistent" and my hair starts turning
grey just thinking about Postgres for that.

I intend to initially run it in parallel with the PostgreSQL tables.
Should make for some interesting benchmarks : )

I'm most comfortable in Ruby so looking at the various ruby
interfaces. There's at least three I know of - CouchObject, CouchDb-
Ruby and the new ActiveCouch. I'd love to know what other test
adopters are doing. - which do you use, O Rubyists?

I am initially leaning towards ActiveCouch because of its AR-like
syntax, migrations, support for View creation, and just seems more
elegant.

Thoughts?

thanks,

Sho