From "Johan Sørensen" <jo...@johansorensen.com>
Subject Re: Sphinx license
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:02:05 GMT
On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Matt Goodall <matt.goodall@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Anyway, that's how I've been doing it ;-).
>
>  My basic process is:
>
>  1. CouchDB tells my indexer a database has been changed.
>  2. I load the last know state (the 'key' recorded in step 6).
>  3. Call /<dbname>/_all_docs_by_seq with a startkey of the key (if any)
>  and a count of 100 (for instance).
>  4. Process the batch of changes returned from the above request.
>  5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 until there's nothing left to process.
>  6. Record the key of the last change processed.

Thanks Matt. That's some good pointers right there, and yes not
getting the ID makes so much more sense once I started working on it.

Kudos to whoever wrote the interface, it was a breeze to get something
up and running quickly. If anyone wants to follow along at home, or
want to participate, the Git repository can be found here:
http://gitorious.org/projects/couchdb-xapian

>  - Matt

Cheers,
JS