From "Johan Sørensen" <jo...@johansorensen.com>
Subject Re: Sphinx license
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:35:49 GMT
On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 4:13 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

>  I'm not sure what you mean with "some sort of API in place
>  on the CouchDB side of things." Do you mean the actual
>  HTTP API for the user/programmer? We don't have that
>  yet and probably won't until Mochiweb happened.

No, I was thinking on the erlang/daemon side of things, but now that I
actually look at how the couch_db_update_notifier module is used I see
it's there. Shame on me for speaking up before that.

I am however curious why I don't get the document id sent to the
notifier daemon/client on a database update? Because it's not
available on the update_loop function?

>  Everything else in in place though and you could write
>  Indexer and Searcher for Xapian today (please do :)

I have little interest in having to run a Lucene server and the stack
associated with it, so yes, patch/library for something else (Xapian
in this case) will be made available.

Cheers,
JS