From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sphinx license
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 03:13:38 GMT

On Mar 27, 2008, at 15:38 , Johan Sørensen wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Chris Anderson <jchris@mfdz.com>
> wrote:
>> This is all still academic, but Lucene seems like the best fit for
>> lightweight integration, with Solr and Sphinx providing a wide range
>> of target support. Eg. if the API can support them, it'd be hard to
>> imagine what it couldn't support.
>
> If we're throwing out alternatives I'd put a vote down for Xapian
> (http://www.xapian.org/), in fact I'd be willing to put some code
> behind it, once/if there's some sort of API in place on the CouchDB
> side of things.

There's no need to vote if you come up with code :)

I'm not sure what you mean with "some sort of API in place
on the CouchDB side of things." Do you mean the actual
HTTP API for the user/programmer? We don't have that
yet and probably won't until Mochiweb happened.

Everything else in in place though and you could write
Indexer and Searcher for Xapian today (please do :)

Cheers
Jan