From Sho Fukamachi <sho.fukama...@gmail.com>
Subject incremental map/reduce scope
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 00:34:06 GMT
Hi all,

In preparation for the (extremely exciting) planned incremental map/
reduce index implementation, I have one question:

Will the M/R function be able to reach across databases? For example,
if I make one database called couch.local/ blogs and one called
couch.local/posts, will I be able to define an index function that
reaches into both? Or is it limited to within the scope of one database?

I would assume that it will be constrained within the scope of a
single database, but I'd be delighted to hear otherwise. The answer
may have implications for those designing data structures today with
the intention to pick up advanced features later, so maybe it's
worthwhile to get it out there.

thanks,

Sho