From "Dimitry Golubovsky" <golubov...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB crashes upon startup.
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 04:33:47 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to run CouchDB off my own live CD. Write permissions were
given to directories /var/lib/couchdb and /var/log/couchdb (they are
on a writable filesystem). Root filesystem is resident in memory and
can be written. CouchDB runs as root, and home directory (/root) is
writable. Everything else is read-only.

CouchDB crashes upon startup. I have attached what it spits on output
(couch.stdout), Erlang runtime crash dump (gzipped), and a log found
in /var/log/couchdb.

Can these files tell about anything? I may suspect some file residing
on a read-only filesystem, but needs to be writable, or maybe some
path to library or executable is broken, etc.

Does there exist any utility to analyze such output?

CouchDB 0.7.2 from googlecode download area (not from SVN)
Erlang OTP R12B
ICU 3.8.1

Thanks.

PS Everything worked fine on the instrumental system. Differences
between the instrumental system and live CD are like this:

glibc v2.7 on instrumental, 2.6 on liveCD
ICU 3.8 on instrumental, 3.8.1 on liveCD
Erlang is full install on insrumental, kernel, sasl, stdlib only on liveCD.

The rest should be pretty close. Basically, instrumental system is
ArchLinux, liveCD is remastered ArchLinux FTP install CD.

--
Dimitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web