From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contributing
Date Sat, 19 Oct 2013 21:43:58 GMT
Here are some wiki pages:

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Merge_Procedure

This page is outdate. Search the mailing lists for "Git workflow" to see
where this conversation went. Basically, we want to document our preferred
Git workflow, and how that interfaces with our release process.

This is an active item. We're still looking for someone familiar enough
with Git, and with the time and patience to document a proposal and then
get the community to rubber stamp it.

Mailing list search:

http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.apache.couchdb.dev+order%3Adate-backward

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Release_Procedure

This is our current release procedure. This is an actively maintained doc.
There are actually bits here that are out of ate. But it should give you a
good idea about what is involved in being a release manager.

I started this too, but it's not got very far:

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Release_Preparation

When we send out the release vote email to get the community to test, we
link them to:

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure

This is an current doc.

--