From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb internals doc repo
Date Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:59:52 GMT
On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> Benoit,
>
> Any way to get commit messages or notifications sent to the mailing list?

was about to set it up.

> As a community, we've promised to have all major activity happen on the
> mailing list. Usually, this would apply to code. But I think you could say
> the same about the development documentation. If there is significant work
> going on away from the mailing lists, we may have to do a full IP Clearance
> when we want to merge it back.

How difficult would it be fore you to create a new branch for this? And
> while you're at it, create a new section in the manual that we ship under
> share/doc. A section for developers. Because we mirror to Github, you
> should still be able to invite PRs.

No difficulties really. I just felt like it, since no-one really took care
about it until now. (we talk about that many time even 2 years ago at the
summit).

I can without difficulties (except having to convert it to this ugly
restructured text) moved it to a branch or even master. I just want to make
sure anyone is enough comfortable to work on a doc mixed with user things.
And by anyone I am thinking to people that work on couchdb alternatives.

- benoit