From Filippo Fadda <filippo.fa...@programmazione.it>
Subject Re: [REVIEW] Docs update
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 14:04:44 GMT
Done.

I don't know much about Homebrew, but it seems to me that you don't need all the steps described
to install CouchDB from brew.
Someone should also revise the Homebrew section.

Actually the Installation of "Unix-like systems" is full of "you are driving me crazy" things.
I didn't try, but I'm pretty sure to install on RedHat, CentOS, Fedora you just need "yum
install couchdb" like "apt-get install couchdb" on Debian style distro like Ubuntu. Let's
apply the KIS principle, even to the documentation.

It's OK having a detailed section that list all the dependencies but that's something, probably,
used only by developers or people having troubles on their systems. So, also the UNIX section
should be revised with the minimum required steps to install CouchDB on the various distro.
All the Unix stuff should be moved to "Install from source" section, where find all the dependencies
you need to compile CouchDB, tips and tricks, etc.

-Filippo

On Aug 9, 2013, at 11:10 AM, Alexander Shorin wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dch@jsonified.com> wrote:
>>> I agree, dmg is the first choice for everyone, but if CouchDB is available through
MacPorts, Fink, Homebrew or even Rudix who do not mention them?