From Jan Lehnardt <>
Subject Re: [REVIEW] Docs update
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 17:28:32 GMT

On Aug 21, 2013, at 19:22 , Alexander Shorin <> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Jan Lehnardt <> wrote:
>> I went through all commits in the branch and cleaned up a few language and grammar
nits that I just committed. Overall this is totally awesome, thanks so much for your effort!
>> You imported a few parts from and a blog post by Christopher Lenz.
We need to make sure to attribute these correctly in our NOTICE file. For the guide, there
isn’t a big issue, we just need to mention its Creative Commons license and we best just
email Christopher and ask if he’s cool with adding his post.
> I'd mailed Christopher about copyrights. Hope he'll make response soon.

Thanks :)

> For CouchDB Guide do I have list all files with his content and what
> copyright line should be? Is it enough to have:
> * share/doc/src/foo/bar.rst share/doc/src/foo/baz.rst share/doc/src/foo/boo.rst
>   Creative Commons Attribution license.

Yeah, t hat would be easiest.

>> Are there any other external sources you borrowed from?
> There are:
> Externals API by Paul Davis (N.B. refactor it a bit)
> Source:
> Replication Protocol by Benoitc
> Source:

I assume these two are fine for integrating, but no harm in getting a +1 from Paul and Benoit
here :)

> Sphinx httpdomain extension
> Source:
> However, it's heavy modified for our needs and doesn't backward compatible

Definitely needs attribution.

> + a lot of Wiki content

Excellent, thanks!

View raw message