From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Git workflow
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 10:39:27 GMT
My concern with commit messages -> release notes is that we're human, and
mistakes will happen. How easy will it be to go in and edit commit
messages? If we can do that, then we can write a tool that generates the
release notes, and put the onus on committers to edit commit messages as
necessary until the release notes are representative. Perhaps this is a
good way of enforcing Git hygiene?

--
NS