From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Git workflow
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 10:48:32 GMT
Ok, I think everyone is over-reading my suggestion to drive release
notes from commit messages. I'm sure there will always be a manual,
human step to convert the commit messages between two points into
release notes, I'm just saying that if we are consistent with our
commit messages and take the time to write good ones, that we can
drive that effort close to zero.

Commit messages cannot be edited after the fact but git does support
annotations to existing commits for that kind of fix-up.

Let's just agree to follow the same standard of commit message for now.