From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Git workflow
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 18:51:52 GMT
On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> Activity from elsewhere:
>
> http://markmail.org/message/5pxv3ni6qvc2k2jo
>
> http://markmail.org/message/czkylvo2wvbrrikj
>
> http://markmail.org/message/2ybvoo2yjwxmfwze
>
> http://markmail.org/message/ohjwjh6ri72yuagh
>
> http://markmail.org/message/v767rozacnwowlpg
>
> http://markmail.org/message/ftbd5qbv33iq7uxu
>
> Hopefully we can continue the discussion here and resolve this soon. I'm
> hoping the people with the strongest opinions here (lookin at you Bob,
> Randal, and Dirkjan) feel empowered to JFDI. If you don't, ... JFDI. ;)

More useful than these links hat is your summary about this activity?
There are a lot of different issues in them as I see it and not all
related to the workflow.

To add my 2 cents I would go to something like git workflow:

master : always stable, these contains all the patch coming from
features and fix/branch. Always rebase on master
develop : branch that contain patches from features and fixed before
they can be applied to the master. Here mainly for CI . merge  and
force are accepted on develo. force is accepted so we can clean it for
test

fix/... for fixes
features/... for features

release/X.X supported branches