From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Autoconf in INSTALL.Unix? (Was: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.3.0-rc.3)
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 13:39:40 GMT
Benoit,

Why did you need Autoconf while installing from the tarball? You should not
need any of the Autotools machinery if you're doing it from the tarball. If
you did, there is a serious bug.

Split this off because I notice Wendall's recent change also adds these
packages for RedHat.

Wendall, can you confirm that this is a mistake? These things should, in
theory, be moved to DEVELOPERS.

Thanks!

--
NS