From Russell Branca <chewbra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Goals for 2013
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 01:05:09 GMT
My goals right now for CouchDB are focused around how users interact with
the system.

Specifically, I want to see fauxton fully functional with a vibrant plugin
ecosystem.

The other big area is how users extend functionality of CouchDB with
javascript. I think the first big step is switching to a Node.js based
javascript engine, but continuing from there, I would love to see a well
supported reference implementation of a  worker system that does event
based and time based job execution, and makes it easy for new users to
build full applications with CouchDB. There are literally dozens of half
completed implementations of this idea floating around, and I think we
should make a solid, well documented, and easily extensible workers system
that new users and veteran users alike can put to use for common tasks.
Whether this is hoodie workers, or gardener, or whatever, we should choose
one and make it great.

Also, I want to put together a CouchDB Seattle conference this summer
(tentatively looking at sometime in July).

-Russell