From Russell Branca <chewbra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: fauxton in its own repo.
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 22:15:03 GMT
Hi Stephen,

There was a fair bit of discussion behind this, and single repo ASF is the
real blocker. Also, while Fauxton can run as a couchapp, by default it
builds down into static files and is hosted by CouchDB the same way as
Futon.

That said, making Fauxton as easily to develop as possible for new
contributors has been a primary concern of ours. We've gotten all
dependencies moved into package.json, and Garren has been knocking out a
new development server which will allow you to develop locally and not have
to build CouchDB as a part of Fauxton development. The new process will
basicaly be:

git clone couchdb
cd couchdb/src/fauxton
npm install