From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Goals for 2013
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 16:23:41 GMT
+1. We are conscious of our release process failings but it's great to
see an uninhibited reminder like this.

We're aiming for regular, frequent releases after this one, as Noah
says. I want to see that process so regular that it becomes boring.
You should come to expect that a fix is out within a month and new
features are out within a quarter.

We are also making some excellent progress at Cloudant preparing the
BigCouch merger. We hope to have something for folks to play with by
the end of next week. I'll also add that when I say "BigCouch", I'm
referring to the well-tendered version at Cloudant and not the 0.4 we
cut over a year ago. This is *not* stale code, but the very well
cared-for code we run in production. We'll have updates as major
pieces come but we (Paul Davis and myself) are largely heads-down
dealing with all kinds of lovely merge conflicts and stuff. :D