From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Merging the fauxton branch into master
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 21:07:02 GMT

On Mar 18, 2013, at 21:06 , Russell Branca <chewbranca@apache.org> wrote:

> Last week I noticed the fauxton branch and master branch have drifted quite
> apart, and are a couple hundred commits different in either direction. I
> created a branch 'fauxton-rebase' [1] that is the fauxton rebased on top of
> the laster master as of friday.

Regular rebasing should make parallel branches manageable, or am I missing
something?

> If there are no objections I would like to bring the fauxton-rebase branch
> into master to simplify development workflow and keeping both branches
> updated.

No objection per se, just:

 - Since master is poised to be the 1.4.x release branch and before long the
   1.4.0 release, is Fauxton in good shape to be released? If not as the final
   replacement of Futon, at least as a preview alongside the regular Futon?

 - Can we double check that all the legal stuff is taken care of?

* * *

I’m very happy to see all the Fauxton progress!

Best
Jan