From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status of 1.2.x and 1.3.x branches
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 22:48:56 GMT
Great summary Wendall!

On Mar 18, 2013, at 23:41 , Wendall Cada <wendallc@83864.com> wrote:

> Note: I am not a committer for the project, I've just been following this current release
cycle closely.

> For 1.2.x
> It appears as though all blockers have been resolved, allowing for a 1.2.2 rc.

+1

are https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1696 (Support Erlang/OTP R16B)

> The only other issues for 1.3.x, not on the list are the intermittent test failures.

I fixed one of them at

  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=couchdb.git;a=commitdiff;h=f36232c8 (COUCHDB-1711)

and filed another one just now:

> I think the only questions here remaining are:
>
> 1. Can 1.3.0 ship without COUCHDB-1696?

Injecting the new Mochiweb is a non-trivial patch that I’d say we are not comfortable
adding to a release branch with barely any testing. As much as it sucks I’d say we
should ship 1.3.0 without R16B support with big warnings in the release notes.

We should also merge the new Mochiweb asap and get our testing on and release a 1.3.1
and 1.2.3 as soon as we are comfortable with it.

> 2. Can 1.3.0 ship with known test issues?

I don’t think we have much of a choice here, as the test suite remains brittle in some
configurations. We are still on the way to make it better, but this isn’t done yet
and I don’t think this will be doable in a short amount of time.

We might want to opt for disabling or working around the tests that we know to fail.

Again, thanks for compiling this!

Jan